Session timing out?

frugalchief

I've gotten that before as well.  What I usually do is select everything I was about to post->right click->copy, then reload the page and paste it back into the post box.

Ya I was going to ask about that, to avoid saying something stupid I take a while to type up something. If you don't type your message within 3 min it'll timeout. Does everyone type their messages in 3min?

I know one fix is to preview before the timeout..... but how do you type your messages?

I've gotten that before as well.  What I usually do is select everything I was about to post->right click->copy, then reload the page and paste it back into the post box.

That's a good trick. Another one is to hit preview as you write. Each time you hit the server resets your timer, so if you hit preview in between each paragraph or whatever you should be ok.

That's a good trick. Another one is to hit preview as you write. Each time you hit the server resets your timer, so if you hit preview in between each paragraph or whatever you should be ok.

Ya, those are the two loopholes I've found, but forget to do it most times.  Just a pain in the butt

I usually type the message in a word processing program (which also spell checks) then just copy & paste through “Reply”.

But yes, I still will run into a time out when I forget. But “CTRL A” & “CTRL C” Then go out and back into Reply & then “CTRL V” will quickly copy & paste your reply back in.

Even if session times out, I don't lose the message. I just have to hit "Post" again.

This is on Firefox on PC with ABP if anyone cares.

This works on all of the browsers.  All you have to do is click "Post" and it will post.  Just don't hit "back" or anything, otherwise then you lose the post.  Cheers!