Myers–Briggs Type Indicator

cloud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's look at this objectively.  ;)

INTJ

INTJ Personality Type — The Strategist

INTJ Strategists are private, independent and self-confident. They strive for perfection and achievement. They are gifted strategists with analytical, conceptual and objective minds. They are flexible and like to formulate contingency plans. INTJs are able to see the reasons behind things.

INTJ Preferences

Preferences: Introversion (I), Intuition (N), Thinking (T), Judging (J)

INTJs direct their energy inward. They are energized by spending time alone. They typically have fewer friends and prefer small groups. They are private, quiet and deliberate. INTJs are Intuitive people that are always thinking and analyzing. INTJs are very deep and abstract. They are complex on the inside and see endless possibilities.

INTJs are Thinkers that make decisions with their head. They are objective and logical. They are critical, impersonal and thick-skinned. INTJs are structured and scheduled. They are controlled and responsible. They seek closure and enjoy completing tasks.

Describing an INTJ

INTJs can often be described using these words.

Analytical

Structured

Objective

Introspective

Perfectionist

Attentive

Controlled

Private

Responsible

Self-confident

Thick-skinned

Quiet

Determined

Independent

Impersonal

Theoretical

Intense

Strategic

Adaptable

Complex

Conceptual

Disciplined

Deliberate

Abstract

Decisive

INTJs and Relationships

Social interaction is often the Strategist's greatest challenge since it requires setting aside their strategic thinking. They are not affectionate unless they feel very safe. They do not always know how they affect others and can appear insensitive. Since INTJs enjoy deep conversations, more shallow forms of social interaction are often seen as a waste of time. They want their relationships to serve a good purpose. INTJs honor commitments.

INTJs and Work / Career

INTJs analyze and strategize before they act. In their work they are organized and structured. They can be counted upon. They set high standards for themselves and believe they can achieve them. Coworkers find them private and hard to get to know. Others may perceive INTJs as aloof or annoyed when in reality they are serious and intense.

INTJs and Learning / School

INTJs love to learn. They often excel in school and achieve all their goals. They are driven and self-disciplined. They thrive with the most theoretical and complex subjects. INTJs are in a constant quest for self-improvement, growth and self-competency. They are usually voracious readers.

INTP here.

I'm not at all surprised by the results: there was a similar thread on a French investing/FI board I frequent, and the results were very much in line with these: INTJ were most numerous, then INTPs, then a smattering of other types (mostly introverts, but with a few extraverts here and there).

INTP here.

I'm not at all surprised by the results: there was a similar thread on a French investing/FI board I frequent, and the results were very much in line with these: INTJ were most numerous, then INTPs, then a smattering of other types (mostly introverts, but with a few extraverts here and there).

OT: Is it good? Could you link to it or tell me what it's called? I'm trying to practice my French and this seems the perfect way to do it. TIA!

Took the test... INTJ. How accurate are these things?  Kind of reminds me of the Michael Burry interview where he talks about being diagnosed with Asperger's and would have felt better not knowing, maybe not that extreme but similar, lol.

Here is my armchair analysis of some famous investors.

INTJ: Buffett, Einhorn

ISTJ: Munger, Klarman

ISTP: Graham, Marks

INTP: Soros

ENTJ: Loeb, Icahn

ENFJ: Ackman

ENTP: Tepper

I recently interviewed at Bridgewater and they made me take myers-briggs. I came out ENTP. They told me Dalio is too. I personally take offense to the quote above! I don't like being lumped into a bucket with Tepper, despite his record ;) That dude is an asshat

It's a shame that this data set is so incomplete of a sampling. It's pretty fascinating to look at the breakdown of reported personalities on here.

If there were INT_ support groups out there, they probably wouldn't have this high a percent of INTJ participants, as I would think that INTJ's would be responsible for sending their close ones to these groups out of frustration! ;)

• 2 weeks later...