Myers–Briggs Type Indicator

cloud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: seems like I forgot to answer two. More later! Was INTJ now.

Tried again on 16personalities.com

Came out ISTJ now. So Intuitive changed to Observant but this was close in both tests. Couldn't really find myself in some of the characteristics and am definitely leaning more to INTJ.

INTJ too. Are many successful investors on this board INTJ?

It would be odd if you didn't find mostly introvert, thinking and judging (this last one maybe the least of the three) people here.

Interesting to read however that only 2% of people are INTJ. Should be 6.25% if the personality types were equally divided so that is quite rare.

We should have made a poll!  :)

I've taken a number of personality exams over the years.  On these things I consistently come out an ENTJ (or whatever the equivalent is).  Beyond Myers-Briggs I've done the Predictive Index and some Emotional Quotient thing.  My personality type is consistent across all of these exams, which I consider impressive.

I'd say ENTJ is accurate, anyone who knows me in real life would agree as well.  Although I'd like to think of myself as more considerate than most of these descriptions imply.

Here's a blurb: http://www.16personalities.com/entj-personality  I'm not sure I'd agree 100% with this, but much of it resonates with me.

Tests are for rats!  8)  ;D  :P

So:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/JTypesResult.aspx?EI=-67&SN=-12&TF=-25&JP=33 result: INFJ

Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(25%)  Judging(33%)

You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)

You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)

You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)

You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

But: http://16personalities.com result:

ESTP-T (every single one is opposite to the above)

Mind

Extraverted 12% - Introverted

Energy -

Intuitive - Observant 36%

- Nature -

Thinking 10% - Feeling

- Tactics -

Judging - Prospecting 6%

- Identity -

Assertive - Turbulent 31%

I answered everything the way I thought about it. I did not try to game the results.

LOLZ.  ;D

As the 16personalities.com result says: "There are no rules".

There is no spoon either.  8)

I did the test the first time 15+ years ago. 

No surprise here - INTJ;

No surprise as the board goes. 

The book "Do What You Are" gave the example of Munger as an INTJ - reverse engineered by the authors Tieger and Tieger.  Buffett was something else. 

ISTJ here, have gotten INTJ in past (was only 1% on the S this time). We did this at my office, practically everyone was INTJ.  I am sure some of it is "real" but a lot of it is because people in the investment industry want to think of themselves as being analytical, rational, introverted, etc.