Any on the ground insight with current China Real Estate situation?

LongHaul

Any on the ground insight into what is currently going on with China Real Estate?  I have read the general reports how real estate is down a little in China but wondering if buyers/owners are doubling down or getting nervous and if the situation is really worse than reported in the press.

FWIW, I know some US based RE developers 2-3 years who were tired of "not making money fast enough developing RE in the US" and wanted to develop mega projects in China.  Some of the conditions that they listed 2-3 years ago were quite ridiculous.  There seems to be less of these exuberance lately.  On the ground, no one from China has admitted that things are bad, but the consensus is that it's tough to make money in RE development in China in the last 1-2 years.  Overall, I find the bunch to be way too optimistic.  There was too much of the Chinese government will supply the liquidity, be the backstop, will never let it fail etc.   

A company I follow with RE operations in China has described the situation in China's RE market as undergoing a continuous slow down.

These guys are straight shooters, so I think the acknowledgement on the ground by those willing to see is that the boom is undergoing at least a substantial correction.