Guy Spier 13-F

racemize

Guest notorious546

Does anyone have an idea on his non-American holdings? IE things that are not disclosed in this document which would have been mentioned elsewhere.

Who is this guy? Why do we care about his holdings?

http://www.amazon.com/Education-Value-Investor-Transformative-Enlightenment/dp/1137278811/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425261809&sr=8-1&keywords=education+of+a+value+investor

wrote a great book on his experiences on wall street. Was very honest and vulnerable in his writings. Also bid 650k with Monish Pabrai for a lunch with warren buffet .

As for his performance, probably not out of this world.

• 3 months later...
Guest notorious546

Q215 updated is out.

Sold out of Goldman Sachs and Direct TV.

Added to two positions which included 300,000 additional GM warrants and 100,000 additional shares of ZINC.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

@Guy Spier or whoever is doing Aquamarine marketing: sending unsolicited emails to MIT email addresses is not very cool.  ::)

Source, Jurgis? [ : - ) ]

Source: firsthand experience.

I'm not gonna post emails or their contents here.

Thank you, Jurgis,

I just want to express that I was not asking for some kind of documentation here, just source. [ : -) ] And, yes, my reaction from reading your post was similar to your own overall expression in your first post. It seems pretty promotional.

Thank you for sharing.

@Guy Spier or whoever is doing Aquamarine marketing: sending unsolicited emails to MIT email addresses is not very cool.  ::)

Source, Jurgis? [ : - ) ]

Source: firsthand experience.

I'm not gonna post emails or their contents here.

For those of us that don't know what you are referencing to, this is killing us!!

• 11 months later...

Time is precious, was only relatively familiar with Mr. Spier but enjoyed the exchange.

Investing in forming an adequate and relatively quiet environment seems to be a necessary ingredient for independent thought and perhaps can lead to the possibility of having some of the options that Mr. Spier has.

I couldn't get the full meaning of the part in German but it seemed mainly about meditation. :)

In terms of the process and form of the interview, I appreciated Mr. Spier's receptive take and thinking-slow and humble kind of answers which were formulated in a way to express a personal opinion while also taking into consideration the perspective of the interviewer and the potential audience. Mr. Spier, during your interview, reminded me of Grant Williams, who is an interviewer I appreciate: functioning with an open mind and a measured pace. Looking forward to the second part.

• 4 weeks later...