Finding Value (funds) in Europe

newyorkminute

Hello,

As an European, I have several investments in the US. (BRK's, BAC, BP,..). They are all doing quite well, many thanks to the strong dollar.

Right now, I have a pile of cash ready to invest. But as dollar is quite expensive, it's not quite interesting to invest even more in the US.

I'm looking for opportunities in Europe. There isn't really an alternative for specialized websites for European stocks like Seeking Alpha for Europe. That's why I am considering an European fund.

Could anyone recommend some European funds that beats the European Stoxx -index or the MSCI that are worth studying?

Thanks

Hello,

As an European, I have several investments in the US. (BRK's, BAC, BP,..). They are all doing quite well, many thanks to the strong dollar.

Right now, I have a pile of cash ready to invest. But as dollar is quite expensive, it's not quite interesting to invest even more in the US.

I'm looking for opportunities in Europe. There isn't really an alternative for specialized websites for European stocks like Seeking Alpha for Europe. That's why I am considering an European fund.

Could anyone recommend some European funds that beats the European Stoxx -index or the MSCI that are worth studying?

Thanks

Two good ones to start with are Woodford Funds (more UK focus though) and Platinum in Australia (more global). Both are run by pretty legendary managers.

Wait what? There is no Seeking Alpha for Europe so you can't invest in individual stocks? I'm getting more confused by the day.

I just gave an example. I don't know any website for in-depth analysis for European stocks. Therefore, it is more difficult to find and analyze European value stocks.

If you know a good European source for information (just like Seeking Alpha or a similar board like this one but for European stocks/funds), please let me know.

If you know a good European source for information (just like Seeking Alpha or a similar board like this one but for European stocks/funds), please let me know.

This board has quite a few European value stocks.

If that's not enough, run FT screener http://markets.ft.com/screener/customScreen.asp with value parameters and go through the results. It's not going to be fast, but you can do your own research and perhaps find something that others haven't found.

You can always post your finds here and people will comment.

I don't see a problem.