Buffett & His Lieutenants

benbuffett

More surprisingly,

Out of XOM and COP. Keeps reducing NOV. Clearly doesn't believe in Oil prices stabilizing around here.

IBM staked upped and that's a head scratcher (for me at least)

Out of XOM doesn't surprise me at all. You're going to see rapid cash flow declines. And they are overly committed to their capital return policy.

Surprising part of XOM was he was in and out in a flash.(for BRK)

If I remember correctly at the time he bought XOM, he had a choice of AAPL in  400s, MSFT in 30s, ORCL in low 30s. At that point some posters here felt that his buying XOM as opposed to these other mega caps was sort of a vote on their relative value and riskiness. I find it interesting that the others are up at least 50% and XOM down to flat.

If I remember correctly at the time he bought XOM, he had a choice of AAPL in  400s, MSFT in 30s, ORCL in low 30s. At that point some posters here felt that his buying XOM as opposed to these other mega caps was sort of a vote on their relative value and riskiness. I find it interesting that the others are up at least 50% and XOM down to flat.

I guess XOM doesn't fall under this quote  ;-)

Buffett quote: “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

Looks like Buffett or his Lieutenants bought back into Deere (DE). Decent size bet at 1.5bil. I'm thinking that this might be a Ted or Todd play.

They amended Q3 13F to show sizeable increase in Deere. They didn't ever sell Deere, just switched it to confidential disclosure, best as I can tell.

I guess XOM doesn't fall under this quote  ;-)

Buffett quote: “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

You left out an important caveat that he added to the above quote.

"When we own portions of outstanding businesses with outstanding managements, our favorite holding period is forever."

So this conveys some info on how he views Exxon.

Vinod

Looks like Buffett or his Lieutenants bought back into Deere (DE). Decent size bet at 1.5bil. I'm thinking that this might be a Ted or Todd play.

They amended Q3 13F to show sizeable increase in Deere. They didn't ever sell Deere, just switched it to confidential disclosure, best as I can tell.

Could be WEB is selling out XOM and preparing an elephant bid? Could that be Deere?