Q3 Confidential Trade

Buffetteer

Guest longinvestor

I would welcome the SEC allowing Berkshire secrecy on all big stock buys for 2+ years. Keep the copycats in the dark. Kinda like how short sellers don't have to disclose their positions.

• 2 weeks later...

I would welcome the SEC allowing Berkshire secrecy on all big stock buys for 2+ years. Keep the copycats in the dark. Kinda like how short sellers don't have to disclose their positions.

Why should the SEC give preferential treatment to Warren? Because you're a fan?

Rich people always get special treatment....

having to report your holdings to the SEC isn't exactly a preferential treatment...

having to report your holdings to the SEC isn't exactly a preferential treatment...

I meant being able to hide certain trades from the public.  He's allowed to keep trades confidential because he's building a position.  This isn't common, everyone else just has to disclose their positions regardless.

• 2 months later...