Buffett On Weekend One Year Ago

Parsad

Poppy Harlow is a hottie ...   :-* :-*

Anyways, I like the last quote: "The dangers of leverage, the dangers of everybody getting a belief about an asset class that can do nothing but go up, the dangers of joining the crowd just because the crowd made money yesterday ... all of those things they just recur throughout history and we've seen an extreme version of that, but there's really nothing nothing new."

From today's posting of the second half.

BECKY:  All right.  Let me go at this another way.  Let's pretend you're on a desert island for a month.  There's only one set of numbers you can get.  What would it be?

BUFFETT:  Well, I would probably look at-- perhaps freight car loadings and-- perhaps-- and-- and truck tonnage moved and-- but I’d want to look at a lot of figures.  (LAUGHTER)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/32870258

Yeah so is Becky Quick, Alice Shroeder...  is there a trend here?

???

The trend is that television producers realized that Buffett is human too!  :)  

Or maybe the women are better interviewers. I remember a televised interview with Becky Quick on location with Buffett and a couple male news anchors in the studio that were on the interview too--linked up by phone or satellite. One of these male anchors, Joe Kernen, actually interrupted Buffett while he was talking about something important to tell him about an irrelevant Pharma industry merger that had just been announced and asked him something about the importance of it (zero!). He kept interrupting Becky and Buffett to ask other stupid questions. He looked like a grade school kid trying to show-off their intelligence but failing--except that he was a grown man in his 50's. He came across as a complete jackass.

From today's posting of the second half.

BECKY:  All right.  Let me go at this another way.  Let's pretend you're on a desert island for a month.  There's only one set of numbers you can get.  What would it be?

BUFFETT:  Well, I would probably look at-- perhaps freight car loadings and-- perhaps-- and-- and truck tonnage moved and-- but I’d want to look at a lot of figures.  (LAUGHTER)

Grenvile...I saw this interview but didn't catch the double entendre the first time around....Nice catch.  Classic line.

As this string as devolved (or evolved depending on your perspective), I would offer up another worthy "money honey" candidate. For those of you who are not in Asia or who cannot can tune into CNBC World,  I offer up Amanda Drury.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15839031

She's smart, beautiful and has a killer accent.

Regarding the Buffett interview, it is astounding to me that someone can say that he was contacted about a $25B purchase and NOT sound cocky/arrogant. It is so "matter of fact" to Buffett that he sounds like he's talking about buying an Ipod. I suppose that over the years of accumulating great wealth and doing multi-billion dollar deals, that it becomes "old hat"...but he's tossing around $25 BILLION dollars like I discuss a $20 pizza.

-Crip