Looking for a service that gives notifications on stock/company action

Valuebo

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a service that gives a notification when, for example, a stock reaches a certain price? Or when unexpected fillings or news gets released? It can be an app, browser extension, texting, automatic mailing service, ... and I'm willing to pay a small fee for it.

I'm trying to cut back seriously on checking stock prices without the possibility of missing unexpected selling or buying opportunities. I'm confident that this would give some more peace of mind and patience to the more restless investors like myself.

If it doesn't exist or if it hasn't been done properly yet, maybe it is an idea someone like oddballstocks could pick up. :)

TIA

Tom

In addition to the above mentioned special events etc. it would be great if someone knew a way to stay updated on earnings releases.

First I looked them up with Google Finance/calendar. After noticing that for many companies that have the dates in there had them more or less wrong I decided that I needed a more reliable way (and many non-U.S. and small cap stocks don't have them in google finance). Now I gather the dates for all earnings releases from the company websites, and if they aren't stated then take an estimate from past dates. Obviously this doesn't help in having to follow less news streams and use time in things that aren't very productive.

So, here's another person very interested in how to have earnings releases and more special filings automatically in some form, be it email, calendar notification, simple list.

Yahoo finance has a nice price alert tool that's free.  That's pretty much the only reason why I have a login account with yahoo at this point.

On surprise filings, I'll let you know one of my secrets:

Google Alerts + the search term "site:www.your-company-name-here.com filetype:pdf"

Enjoy!

Yahoo finance has a nice price alert tool that's free.  That's pretty much the only reason why I have a login account with yahoo at this point.

On surprise filings, I'll let you know one of my secrets:

Google Alerts + the search term "site:www.your-company-name-here.com filetype:pdf"

Enjoy!

Never thought of that, thanks west!

I built StockBase.com for that.  You get all news in one easy to create feed, including all of a company's SEC filings.  We also deliver press releases from the major PR services.  It's free.

• Just go to stockbase.com
  • Click sign-up
  • You will be taken to the portfolio page after you create an account
  • Add your favorite stocks

I built StockBase.com for that.  You get all news in one easy to create feed, including all of a company's SEC filings.  We also deliver press releases from the major PR services.  It's free.

• Just go to stockbase.com
  • Click sign-up
  • You will be taken to the portfolio page after you create an account
  • Add your favorite stocks

Looks intriguing. Just signed up.

Awesome.  Let me know how you like it and if there are any features you'd like to see that aren't there.

We're in the process of working on our feature roadmap as we're finishing up on a couple of large feature releases here in the next week or so.