What are you selling today?

AzCactus

Since a popular topic seems to be what you are buying it makes sense to mention what you are selling as well. This basically indicates that you feel the security is overvalued or at the very least will not offer the return of where you plan on deploying the funds.  I sold some of my Vista Print position today.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Sold STRP premarket at ~$118. I bought shares at  ~$91 two weeks ago. The merger spread was decent (Verizon offered $95.63) and I was hoping to earn some extra juice by lending out my shares as both the borrow rate and short interest were very high. In the end my broker hardly managed to lend out my shares but who cares, a bidding war ensued. 30% in two weeks, can't complain!

Now a new bid is on the table ($104.64 from AT&T). However, the market is optimistically pricing in a few more bids and the borrow rate has declined so I decided to sell.

Obviously a horrible decision.

You have done extremely well on this play, writser. Not the time to look back.

Edit:

That's actually a return of your cash allocated to this deal - from what you have posted here -  of 55,591 per cent per year ex fees. To comparison, I made 299 per cent in two weeks and a day on my INVE A.STO trade ex fees.

Obviously a horrible decision.

Hindsight is 20/20. It could've gone the other way, so don't beat yourself up on a win because it could've been even better. Someone else is always getting richer faster than you are, as Munger would say...