Bob Rodriguez: New Great Recession Coming in 3 Years

dcollon

For some time, I’ve hated the financial market. When the history of this period is written, the Fed presidents and those who have deployed quantitative easing will be glorified as great snake-oil marketers.

http://www.thinkadvisor.com/2014/10/27/bob-rodriguez-new-great-recession-coming-in-3-year?page_all=1

" 'We’re having a little bit of a blow in the marketplace and a little bit of blow in Lake Tahoe,' he quipped."

Explains why he's so amped up.

Guest wellmont

i found it interesting that one of the more visible market bears believes a recession could be 3 years away. and leon cooperman believes that bear markets are really caused by recession.

Reality is when corporations spend money on plants, equipment and training. We’re at 50-year lows in five-year moving averages on productivity. We’re at 50-year lows in net real capital investment in the corporate sector.

To me that actually sounds rather bullish. :)  Just more evidence that most companies have not really bought into the recovery.  Since recessions are generally caused by excess, and companies aren't investing, maybe that will push off the next recession even longer.

As tech world moves more towards cloud computing , we may see capex versus opex debate becoming prevalent. What once considered an depreciated asset  on balancesheet (software) now goes through only income statement. so this may pronounce effect.

http://logicalisaus.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/understanding-capex-vs-opex/

Reality is when corporations spend money on plants, equipment and training. We’re at 50-year lows in five-year moving averages on productivity. We’re at 50-year lows in net real capital investment in the corporate sector.

To me that actually sounds rather bullish. :)  Just more evidence that most companies have not really bought into the recovery.  Since recessions are generally caused by excess, and companies aren't investing, maybe that will push off the next recession even longer.