Dumb Sears jokes, Troll posts, Mustache references and other crap

adesigar

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone explain what's wrong with Sears? Thanks.

Some things need to be experienced. I'd recommend a trip to a local Kmart followed by a trip to a local Sears. This way the Kmart will make the Sears look good, and when you see how bad the place is the fog will be lifted from your eyes and this thread will make sense.

Some things need to be experienced. I'd recommend a trip to a local Kmart followed by a trip to a local Sears. This way the Kmart will make the Sears look good, and when you see how bad the place is the fog will be lifted from your eyes and this thread will make sense.

I was trying to be funny.

I'll show myself out as well.

I was trying to be funny.

I'll show myself out as well.

Yes, show yourself out.  Dont bother looking for the cash, its hard to find, and pick up a couple of extra items on your way out.  Eddie has taught us that he doesn't care about us, so we dont care about the inventory.  In fact I might take home some jeans myself when I leave early today. 

True Sears Canada stories, after Eddie took over:

Trying to buy a bassinet for my newborn daughter - We stood by the floor model, while the employee was looking in the back.  She came back and told us they had none in stock.  She didn't offer us the floor model at a discount preferring instead to keep it to show others what they could buy if it was in stock - 5 years ago. 

Going to Sears To try and buy Jeans.  Lots of Jeans but no fitting rooms.  Then trying to find an open cash.  I nearly got fed up enough to walk out with the product in hand, to get some attention.  I figure if anyone noticed I would be justified in saying I tried to pay, but no one was around. 

Sears furniture store - massive anti-customer gift card fiasco.  It seems gift cards I had forgot they were gift cards.  This was the last time I will ever set foot in a Sears.  I had unused points in my account, spent a half hour on the phone getting them reactivated.  I was trying to buy a mattress.  The last straw was being told I had to buy something small to reactivate my account before I coukd buy the mattress -  went to sleep Country instead.  The Sears employees tried handling this themselves, while I watched the manager dodge into a back room, and never reappear.

No idea Eddie strikes again.

The irony of selling the floor model (or not selling it) has to do with the markdown.

I worked for HBC and selling floor models wasn't an option.

The backwards rationale was, why sell a floor model for 30% discount when we can sell stock at full price. (If and when it ever appears). Not taking into account, like your experience, pissing off a customer in the process.

Some staff would do it anyway and get a stern lecture in a closed door office on why they can't be proactive to please a customer.

While at the same time the customer would usually put in a positive comment in the comment box or online poll. So the staff member would get lectured in the office and then the next week after the comments were tallied, get a big pat on the back for going above and beyond to help the customer.

Positive customer comments usually resulted in a gift card to the staff member too.

So, no mark down but we'll give you $25 or $50 because you did your job.  ???

The irony of selling the floor model (or not selling it) has to do with the markdown.

I worked for HBC and selling floor models wasn't an option.

The backwards rationale was, why sell a floor model for 30% discount when we can sell stock at full price. (If and when it ever appears). Not taking into account, like your experience, pissing off a customer in the process.

Some staff would do it anyway and get a stern lecture in a closed door office on why they can't be proactive to please a customer.

While at the same time the customer would usually put in a positive comment in the comment box or online poll. So the staff member would get lectured in the office and then the next week after the comments were tallied, get a big pat on the back for going above and beyond to help the customer.

Positive customer comments usually resulted in a gift card to the staff member too.

So, no mark down but we'll give you $25 or $50 because you did your job.  ???

Interesting.  Hope you no longer work there!  The Bay is in competition with Sears for bad service - when I mean bad service I mean lack of cash registers, and lineups for 10 minutes once you find one.  I dont even care about floor service.  From an investor perspective these companies appear not to want cash as oppose to WMT, or HD. 

Trying to buy a bassinet for my newborn daughter - We stood by the floor model, while the employee was looking in the back.  She came back and told us they had none in stock.  She didn't offer us the floor model at a discount preferring instead to keep it to show others what they could buy if it was in stock - 5 years ago. 

Going to Sears To try and buy Jeans.  Lots of Jeans but no fitting rooms.  Then trying to find an open cash.  I nearly got fed up enough to walk out with the product in hand, to get some attention.  I figure if anyone noticed I would be justified in saying I tried to pay, but no one was around. 

Sears furniture store - massive anti-customer gift card fiasco.  It seems gift cards I had forgot they were gift cards.  This was the last time I will ever set foot in a Sears.  I had unused points in my account, spent a half hour on the phone getting them reactivated.  I was trying to buy a mattress.  The last straw was being told I had to buy something small to reactivate my account before I coukd buy the mattress -  went to sleep Country instead.  The Sears employees tried handling this themselves, while I watched the manager dodge into a back room, and never reappear.

You are obviously short the stock and don't get what's happening here.

Interesting.  Hope you no longer work there!  The Bay is in competition with Sears for bad service - when I mean bad service I mean lack of cash registers, and lineups for 10 minutes once you find one.  I dont even care about floor service.  From an investor perspective these companies appear not to want cash as oppose to WMT, or HD.

Oh I'm long gone. I left to start building custom homes, ironically the first one for an upper level exec from the Bay who retired.

They were a company with no direction just trying to tread water. I didn't want to end up like the other "lifers" there who had no direction and just tried to stay under the radar and fill their days with busy work.

Upper and lower level management alike.

You are obviously short the stock and don't get what's happening here.

Ah shiite, found me out...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sears-kmart-add-thanksgiving-shopping-171924609.html

Let's play a game.  It's called "Guess the Sears and K-Mart Black Friday Door Busters!"

First prize is a trip to your local Sears or K-Mart.

Second prize is 2 trips to your local Sears or K-Mart.

Buy any pair of Craftsman shoes and get a free pair of DieHard underwear.

I have a confession to make, I actually walked through a Sears store this weekend.  It was pouring raining late Saturday afternoon and my wife wanted to go to the mall for something and it seemed like everyone else had the same idea.  We couldn't find a spot anywhere, cars were following shoppers out to their cars and waiting for them to pull out.  So I said to my wife, I'm going to go to the Sears entrance I bet we find a spot there, and sure enough we found one not too far from the door.    As we were walking past the shoe department heading to the mall entrance I saw Craftsman and DieHard shoes and thought WTF?  I don't know if DieHard underwear exists or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

I have a confession to make, I actually walked through a Sears store this weekend.  It was pouring raining late Saturday afternoon and my wife wanted to go to the mall for something and it seemed like everyone else had the same idea.  We couldn't find a spot anywhere, cars were following shoppers out to their cars and waiting for them to pull out.  So I said to my wife, I'm going to go to the Sears entrance I bet we find a spot there, and sure enough we found one not too far from the door.    As we were walking past the shoe department heading to the mall entrance I saw Craftsman and DieHard shoes and thought WTF?  I don't know if DieHard underwear exists or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

So what was it like inside?  I've heard of people going in before, but I thought those were only stories intended to scare children into doing what they're told.

So what was it like inside?  I've heard of people going in before, but I thought those were only stories intended to scare children into doing what they're told.

I know, I wasn't sure what to expect either.  But it was comforting to see that it pretty much looks the same as it did 30 years ago.  The best way to describe it is remember what it looked like the last time you were there. Now picture the exact same store, but only the Kenmore re-badged appliances now have stainless fronts, the tube TVs have been replaced by flat screens, and the shoes now say Craftsman and DieHard. That's pretty much it.  You can almost see the Brady Bunch singing in the aisles.