Who's sorry now??

Daphne

Another 40% to go, no?

If you want a replay of 1929-1937, look at the Greek stock market.  ;)

Full disclosure: Fully aware that the stock can half from here (like any stock) and it hurts but I bought more Intralot today. Almost all revenue is coming from outside Greece. Stock tanked 30% in a couple of days on volume of 500k euro. Not bad for a company that - could - (someday...) have a market cap a couple of times todays. Also eyeing OPAP if this get worse. Anyone got other good greek names?

Daphne is referring to the hedges, presumably.

So they've been dead wrong for the last 6 years, but the market declines over a week & 1/2 period, and now they're right? This thread is ridiculous.

Yeah, I agree, although I would tend to be a bit more . . . shall we say, tactful?

Actually, I love to see this sort of sentiment get expressed by value investors because that's how you really know that people are fearful.  Twitter is also great (or, maybe, horrible?) for gauging market sentiment amongst value investors.

So they've been dead wrong for the last 6 years, but the market declines over a week & 1/2 period, and now they're right? This thread is ridiculous.

I know you don’t like how Fairfax operates. And that’s fine!

But let me ask you a question: if the market stays in some kind of turmoil for a while (a few months), if US government bond yields keep going down, and if Fairfax share price declines with the overall market, don’t you think it could be worth buying at least some shares before they announce 2014 year end results?

Gio

But let me ask you a question: if the market stays in some kind of turmoil for a while (a few months), if US government bond yields keep going down, and if Fairfax share price declines with the overall market, don’t you think it could be worth buying at least some shares before they announce 2014 year end results?

Gio

My point was more about the point of this thread than the way the company operates. It's like someone buying JC Penny at $40, and then boasting that they were right when 2-years later the stock goes from $5 to $7.

Gio

Why point was more about the point of this thread than the way the company operates. It's like someone buying JC Penny at $40, and then boasting that they were right when 2-years later the stock goes from $5 to $7.

Diogenes can stop his search now, put down his lantern and rest.  Here is an honest man.

Gio

Why point was more about the point of this thread than the way the company operates. It's like someone buying JC Penny at $40, and then boasting that they were right when 2-years later the stock goes from $5 to $7.

Diogenes can stop his search now, put down his lantern and rest.  Here is an honest man.

I had to Google this.  I am still laughing. 

Gio

I had to Google this.  I am still laughing.

Heh me too. Kraven is one funny man :)