What news sites do you browse for investment ideas and learning about markets?

noxalley

Oddly enough, some of my best investing ideas have come just from reading random news articles, rather than from screens or even write-ups like on VIC. I am curious to know what other think what news sites offer the best bang for your buck.

I'll go ahead and post mine...

ft.com -- A bit pricey, but they tend to be relatively less biased, there's less click-bait, and their articles tend to be pretty thoughtful and more insightful. this is the best pay-wall news source that I know of

reuters.com -- Just a good site for getting the major headlines for free. Relatively unbiased.

bbc.com and telegraph.co.uk -- obviously a focus on Europe, but also free and unbiased.

economist.com -- a lot of politics articles, but there are usually a few gem articles each issue... pretty cheap subscription as well

google.finance and yahoo.finance -- headlines aggregated from multiple sites and its free

**Note: I searched the forum to see if there was a thread for this already. I didn't see one. Sorry if I am mistaken on that.

I read the WSJ which I would say is by far my favorite source of ideas. I like Globe Investor from the Globe and Mail and the Globe and Mail itself (Canadian paper). I don't tend to read things online. I really like Bloomberg Business Week. I also read the Economist.

I find most big news websites full of meaningless stuff tbh, quite easy to waste a lot of your time on them without learning anything of value.

I am increasingly using sites like Seeking Alpha and twitter to get news that I know will be of some interest, along with a couple of Yahoo pages

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/category-small-caps/

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/category-stocks/

Seeking alpha is a good site.  If you ignore the articles and read the comments.  The people writing comments tend to know way more about what is happening with a company than the people writing articles.  Oh, they tend to know alot of the minutia too.