wellmont, what do you think about the new BB?

giofranchi

It sounds good to me, but my office computer is a Commodore 64 and it takes a bit of time to navigate the world wide web and the information superhighway.

Yeah, I can't wait to get home, put my Blackberry in the charger, and put a good tape into my Betamax.  After I stable my horses from my commute, of course.

He's smiling now...

But those square corners are going to rub him the wrong way in his pants pocket.  His wife's going to get suspicious of where those sores are coming from, and soon he's going to be defending half of his assets in a bitter courtroom battle. 

Needless to say, it's going to look a bit awkward tucked into the pocket of skinny-jeans (the skin-tight stretch denim variety).  Shouldn't take long to wear holes into them.

Us Blackberry users have a holster, thank you very much. It sits nicely on our sides, out of the way not like those tween girls shove them in their back pocket with the sparkly cover.

Much like the pocket protectors from days gone by.................  8)

Needless to say, it's going to look a bit awkward tucked into the pocket of skinny-jeans (the skin-tight stretch denim variety).  Shouldn't take long to wear holes into them.

Us Blackberry users have a holster, thank you very much. It sits nicely on our sides, out of the way not like those tween girls shove them in their back pocket with the sparkly cover.

Oh yeah, holsters, that's right.  It is nice when your pager goes off you can grab your blackberry out of its holster and return the call right then and there without needing to go find a pay phone.

Oh yeah, holsters, that's right.  It is nice when your pager goes off you can grab your blackberry out of its holster and return the call right then and there without needing to go find a pay phone.

I heard they're teaming up with Sears on this, Chen was quoted as saying "We think two failures will make a success when we work together." They'll be offering a Blackberry app that makes ordering from the Sears catalog a lot easier.

Users have also been asking for a CB Radio app so they can keep in touch with the ever changing traffic conditions reported real-time by truckers...

Does anyone know if the new BB has push email capability?  What about a calendar and contacts?  If you can get on the information superhighway are you able to check stock quotes, sports scores and the weather from it?  A device that did all of those things would do really well I think.  Someday . . . someday.

At first I was kind of chuckling at how much John Chen is sweating in the photo attached to the story, but then I thought if I was in his shoes and had to introduce this product to the world I'd be sweating a lot worse than that.  He actually looks pretty cool considering.

http://ei.marketwatch.com//Multimedia/2014/09/24/Photos/ZH/MW-CU832_bbry_b_20140924110818_ZH.jpg?uuid=ad8edeaa-43fc-11e4-bff3-6fde369198aa%5D

I heard they're teaming up with Sears on this, Chen was quoted as saying "We think two failures will make a success when we work together." They'll be offering a Blackberry app that makes ordering from the Sears catalog a lot easier.

Users have also been asking for a CB Radio app so they can keep in touch with the ever changing traffic conditions reported real-time by truckers...

I heard about that partnership with Sears.  I think they are going to be doing a promotion where if you buy the new BB they give you a K-Mart.

I heard about that partnership with Sears.  I think they are going to be doing a promotion where if you buy the new BB they give you a K-Mart.

"Attention K-Mart shoppers! There's a blue light special right now in the cell phone department"

The beauty of the BB is it makes checking myspace a snap.

One annoyance on the size of the new iPhone and Android phones is the ladies with them in their back pocket. The hot mom's at my daughters school have them that way..................the phone just gets in the way.

Kraven's talking all crazy. Everybody knows the only way to check sports scores is the newspaper tomorrow morning. Unless of course it's a West coast game, then we have to wait until Saturday morning.

I'm off to Sears to buy some pleated pants and maybe a digital watch that's also a calculator.

I'm off to Sears to buy some pleated pants and maybe a digital watch that's also a calculator.

Those are actually very IN right now.  Go to any hipster spot and you'll see people wearing them.

Urban Outfitters wouldn't sell them if they weren't cool right ? http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=31612567&parentid=M_ACC_WATCHES#/

In all seriousness, I wonder if Prem will flaunt that thing around at the Fairfax AGM next year.

It fits perfectly somewhere in your denim outfit. And it has a lot of storage room so you can throw away that discman. Plus it has a vibrate function, so you still know what's up without hearing 'you got mail!' when in a meeting!

And with the big screen you can watch the latest Seinfeld episodes.

I think we are really selling it here guys :D