Scotland votes for Independence

Palantir
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have no idea if it will pass, but I hope it does. Only because I like the precedent it sets. If a U.S. State ever does similarly (such as New Hampshire :)  or Texas) the US FedGov will look like a bunch of bullies if it doesn't let them leave.  Then again. Not that the rest of the world doesn't already think of the US as a bunch of bullies and not that the US cares.

the US FedGov will look like a bunch of bullies if it doesn't let them leave.  Then again. Not that the rest of the world doesn't already think of the US as a bunch of bullies and not that the US cares.

I believe the Civil War decided that.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Texas has the right to leave, as it was part of it's statehood agreement.

have studies been done on how well bookies predict events? Seems interesting, a lot of people putting their money where their mouth is.

Prediction markets, like intrade when it was still open, have a pretty good track record I think. I'll take people who make bets with their own money for a living over TV pundits...

I think the odds are slightly in favor of the no's winning but I have a ton of cash if the yes votes pull it out.

As an investor I'm hoping the yes' win to make some money but as a person it's probably better that the no's win.

Looks like you lost money...

At least you put yourself in a win win situation