Sequioa investment day transcript

LC

I attended the meeting; it was excellent.

The analysts, management and directors are la crème de la crème.

Answers were sharp, Sequoia's investing standards are high.

They covered Valeant a lot; too bad that Greg Alexander didn’t talk much.

The crowd was composed of fund managers, analysts, veterans investors and old money from the Upper East Side.

I couldn't find Tom Murphy’s three hours long video interview. Any luck out there?

Ahem.  I hate Scribd myself.  Here's a link to a downloadable/printable version from Sequoia directly:

http://www.sequoiafund.com/Reports/Transcript14.pdf

Big thanks - I HATE Scribd too.......

cheers

zorro

Off topic, but I'm surprised no one has done for PDFs what imgur has done for images.  After all, I can only imagine that hosting PDFs is a lot less resource intensive than hosting images, especially, say, large gifs.

I can't wait for the day that someone does this and Scribd dies...

why do you hate scribd? Works just fine?

Can't easily save local copy of the file most times, and a PDF looks fine without their UI around it so they provide no real added value.

Ditto.  It's a zero value added service that has niche market monopoly (along with, perhaps, some marginal network effects?) just because 95%+ of the people out there don't care about PDFs so no real player addresses the market.

And I refuse to pay them to download a PDF that's someone else's content.

why do you hate scribd? Works just fine?

Can't easily save local copy of the file most times, and a PDF looks fine without their UI around it so they provide no real added value.

Ditto.  It's a zero value added service that has niche market monopoly (along with, perhaps, some marginal network effects?) just because 95%+ of the people out there don't care about PDFs so no real player addresses the market.

And I refuse to pay them to download a PDF that's someone else's content.

++1

;)