off topic - concussions

crackspread

I have no idea if this is quackary or not, but I remember a discussion on the Bulletproof Executive podcast saying that Irlen filters can help with concussion symptoms.

Here is the transcript: Transcript #98 – Transforming Lives with Light with Helen Irlen

"We see a lot of people who just need their Irlen filters and they say “You know, I don’t have ADD or ADHD.” The most severe cases and I want to switch a little bit because you can inherit this problem, so you get to blame either your mom or dad, or you can acquire it through head injury or concussion. That has become a big topic today in terms of sports and concussions. We’ve been doing research now for the last 2 years on head injuries and concussions with the military population. They are the most severe in terms of experiencing repeated explosions and experiencing repeated concussions and TBIs and then living, literally every day of their lives with headaches and migraines.

No longer can they read, nor longer can they do any kind of academic task that they used to do. With Irlen filters, it totally restores their capabilities and totally takes away their headaches and migraines so they’re not living on a whole list of heavy duty medications in terms of surviving. We deal with kids in sports, professional athletes in the NFL and the Hockey Leagues who have had concussions and it has really affected their ability and performance."

I have no idea if this is quackary or not, but I remember a discussion on the Bulletproof Executive podcast saying that Irlen filters can help with concussion symptoms.

Here is the transcript: Transcript #98 – Transforming Lives with Light with Helen Irlen

"We see a lot of people who just need their Irlen filters and they say “You know, I don’t have ADD or ADHD.” The most severe cases and I want to switch a little bit because you can inherit this problem, so you get to blame either your mom or dad, or you can acquire it through head injury or concussion. That has become a big topic today in terms of sports and concussions. We’ve been doing research now for the last 2 years on head injuries and concussions with the military population. They are the most severe in terms of experiencing repeated explosions and experiencing repeated concussions and TBIs and then living, literally every day of their lives with headaches and migraines.

No longer can they read, nor longer can they do any kind of academic task that they used to do. With Irlen filters, it totally restores their capabilities and totally takes away their headaches and migraines so they’re not living on a whole list of heavy duty medications in terms of surviving. We deal with kids in sports, professional athletes in the NFL and the Hockey Leagues who have had concussions and it has really affected their ability and performance."

I'll look into it. No one has any idea how debilitating it is to deal with all day headaches. It makes you feel like you are incapable to do what you want, and be the best person you can be.

I'll look into it. No one has any idea how debilitating it is to deal with all day headaches. It makes you feel like you are incapable to do what you want, and be the best person you can be.

I can't imagine.  My wife gets headaches sometimes, not often luckily, that are so bad she stays in a dark quite room all day.  I can't imagine dealing with something like that daily.  Hope you find something that works.  Ericopoly's suggestion sounds pretty good too.  If inflammation is the problem, as well as some pot brownies, you might want to try vitamin C infusions (or at least take a few grams of vitamin C every 4 hours if you can't find anyone to give you the infusions) and maybe some anti-inflammatory spices/herbs, I take these:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009F3RW4/

Guest hellsten

The first thing that comes to mind is that exercise might help. Exercise releases endorphines (opioids) and might also distract you from thinking too much about the headaches. Distraction therapy...

This study claims some benefits from cardio:

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/can-cardio-exercise-aid-in-concussion-recovery.html

Some guy whose name starts with "Hippo" once said:

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."

"If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health."

On a more serious note, crack, have you visited a doctor about it? That doesn't seem normal.

Amen brother.  A simple scan should reveal if there is a problem.  A friend of ours got bonked playing hockey.  She had a couple of years of the exact symptoms crackspread describes.  Ended up leaving her job and going on long term disability due to fatigue, headaches etc.  And she is one tough cookie.  Concussions are very serious business.