Technology Stock Prices

Parsad

Haha, who knows... :)

Yesterday I read that Oaktree bought a position in CRM. At Oakmark they think AMZN is a value stock now because it is cheap based on sales. I guess such things happen if you have many billions under management but still. Maybe they are right, I don't know. Or maybe they are loosening their standards to find enough stock picks? Just guessing.

Whatever happens; I doubt we'll be very surprised with the end result.

Yesterday I read that Oaktree bought a position in CRM. At Oakmark they think AMZN is a value stock now because it is cheap based on sales. I guess such things happen if you have many billions under management but still. Maybe they are right, I don't know. Or maybe they are loosening their standards to find enough stock picks? Just guessing.

+1

I noticed hat too.

http://multinews.kauppalehti.fi/multinews/images/klo/etusivu/kuvapankki/4/2010/04/16/32526_5465_132_7_490_150_490x150.jpg

just a small flashback to the year 2000. (ordinary) people waiting in line for satama interactive IPO. the IPO was oversubscribed 45x and the stock appreciated 60% on the first day. i don't think we're there yet. at least in europe ;D

On second thought, loosening standards seems unlikely given that most large caps actually aren't overly expensive. Nevermind! :)

http://multinews.kauppalehti.fi/multinews/images/klo/etusivu/kuvapankki/4/2010/04/16/32526_5465_132_7_490_150_490x150.jpg

just a small flashback to the year 2000. (ordinary) people waiting in line for satama interactive IPO. the IPO was oversubscribed 45x and the stock appreciated 60% on the first day. i don't think we're there yet. at least in europe ;D

Haha great picture. I don't think we are even close to that scenario even in Silicon Valley.

I'm afraid some might believe they run little danger of losing capital in those hot stocks today because we aren't even close to the 2000 extremes. Compared to those highs the market might never seem expensive again.

Lately there is very little respect for mr. Market's mood swings, especially in some sectors. People forget what can happen on the downside if you don't remind them often.