The FED - Thank You Putin

JEast

With expected near all-time production records to be broken this fall in most grain crops, maybe the FED asked Putin to start an embargo to keep prices up.  Record grain production should eventually flow thru to hurt the 2% goal and we don’t want that.

With expected near all-time production records to be broken this fall in most grain crops, maybe the FED asked Putin to start an embargo to keep prices up.  Record grain production should eventually flow thru to hurt the 2% goal and we don’t want that.

Grain deflation shouldn't be a worry for the Fed -- I would think they would rather have deflation than inflation, when it comes to food staples.

People don't defer their meals to next year, expecting the prices of bread to be better in the future.

Higher food prices may leave them with less purchasing power at Toys'R'Us though.  And the Fed does care about that.

Grain deflation shouldn't be a worry for the Fed -- I would think they would rather have deflation than inflation, when it comes to food staples.

People don't defer their meals to next year, expecting the prices of bread to be better in the future.

Higher food prices may leave them with less purchasing power at Toys'R'Us though.  And the Fed does care about that.

Okay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

Okay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

I love that movie.

I love that movie.

Me too.  They don't make them like that anymore.

I'm not sure asking "anybody in the US whether prices are falling or rising" is a better way of measuring inflation than "theories from academics".

Not so, I think people are very suggestive. People will say our medical service is crap, as if medicine is worse than it has been in the past. People will probably think we have more crime today and past decades (not true). etc etc. Same for prices.