Buffett/Berkshire - general news

Here is my quick math.

2/13/2020       3/04/2020     Diff            Aprox Value

A                   700,396         699,123

B                   1,385,994,959 1,382,352,370

"A" Share Equiv 1,624,393           1,620,691     (3,701) ($1,032,688,554)

-0.23%

It seems BRK has posted a new Proxy to their webpage.

Check it out  https://berkshirehathaway.com/2020ProxyStmt.pdf

It seems that they post their share count as of 3/4/2020, and I compared it to the count at 2/13/2020.  Unless I am wrong, it seems they have only repurchased about $1B during that time period.

Now, we all know the time after 3/4/2020 was pretty turbulent.  I hope they repurchased more shares.

Thanks for digging that out and sharing.  At first glance, those numbers a bit disappointing.  On the other hand, that's $1B in three weeks, which would be an annualized rate of ~$17B, if they elected to keep it going for an entire year.  If they do elect to keep it going for an entire year, at least BRK's total cash balance wouldn't continue to increase appreciably....

SJ

At first glance, those numbers a bit disappointing.  On the other hand, that's $1B in three weeks

To be fair, those updated share counts are through March 4.  BRK-B (for example) was still trading well above $200 til then with the lowest intra-day low of $199.68 in late Feb.

Prices really declined since then and trading volumes ramped up.  There's no guarantee that Buffett got more active since March 4th - but here's hoping he did.

wabuffo

Looks right.  Of course it cost them more than $1.03 Billion to buy because they were buying between those dates and it appears you used todays price to estimate the dollar amount.  More than $1.2 Billion worth in three weeks - so a decent rate but they may have stopped buying in the dip just because that's how he seems to do things...

Here is my quick math.

2/13/2020       3/04/2020     Diff            Aprox Value

A                   700,396         699,123

B                   1,385,994,959 1,382,352,370

"A" Share Equiv 1,624,393           1,620,691     (3,701) ($1,032,688,554)

-0.23%

Yeah, I agree with you guys.  It is really smart and necessary to physically distance all of them...

But, we all look forward to Charlie.  Maybe they could let him talk for 10 minutes at the end.  Just cut to video in California, wake Charlie up from his nap and say "Talk Charlie."

I don't care what he says it would be great.  Dude is Wicked SMART and hysterical.

U2NE-u6G_400x400.jpeg

Guest longinvestor

wonder why Greggory Warren (Morningstar) got the boot from being on the panel asking questions?

Only the journalists are represented by Betty Quick. The analyst panel is not in the plan this year. G Warren included.

I had the pleasure to publish an interveiw with Greggory Warren today:

Greggory is one of the 6 questioniares at the Berkshire Hathaway Annual meeting. In the interview we were talking about culture and valuation at Berkshire. Beside the fact, that we did it in November 2019, it offers a lot of good insights.