Anyone know a good site or book to master excel?

Guest 50centdollars

Guest 50centdollars

I want to master excel for work. Does anyone know any good sites or books I can use?

Thanks in advance.

50cent

When I was looking into it a year and a half ago, the Missing Manual for Excel book worked great.

As for websites, I couldn't find any that were consistently good.  They all were either old or had way too much sales pitch to valuable content.

If you work your way through the Missing Manual book (which is probably one of the easiest tech books I've ever read) and search youtube for auxiliary info when you don't understand something, you should end up with a very good working knowledge of Excel.

The excel course at https://breakingintowallstreet.com/biws/breaking-into-wall-street-courses/ is fantastic.

I've been working through some of the models (even though I don't model) just to see what kind of assumptions / thought processes Wall Street analysts make. Explanations are clear and there is a lot of supplementary info.

A huge amount of time is spent on excel shortcuts. That was useful.

The excel course at https://breakingintowallstreet.com/biws/breaking-into-wall-street-courses/ is fantastic.

I've been working through some of the models (even though I don't model) just to see what kind of assumptions / thought processes Wall Street analysts make. Explanations are clear and there is a lot of supplementary info.

A huge amount of time is spent on excel shortcuts. That was useful.

Agreed. Tons and tons of models and videos explaining Excel and modelling in detail. You can spend as little/much as you have time.

Certainly more expensive than a book but worth it if you put in the effort.

There's a program out on the torrent sites that is very good. If anything I'm an excel wizard now because of it. You'l never click and drag again. Plus you'll learn to love the magic that is Alt + E, S, V.

Match with Offset is pretty good too.  So is Alt + =

Which BIWS course did you guys find most useful? There is a basic one and an advanced one for 247 and 347 respectively.

I got an all inclusive package a few years ago when there was much less content.

Brian is working hard and adding content all the time.

It is incredibly broad now. Don't know which I would recommend now.

You can probably get course outlines and sample models/ courses to help you determine which is the best package for you.

If you see it as continuing education, you might want to consider a lifetime subscription.

:)