Topics

Kraven

Since the board is a little slow of late I thought I would try to come up with some topics for discussion. Believe me, there's no pride of authorship here so feel free to adapt as you see fit.

1.  Is Eddie still dreamy?

2.  Are Buffett and Munger old?

3. Meditation:  for the hip or the hippie?

4.  Can FFH continue to do 15% a year in perpetuity?

Guest hellsten

Great suggestions Kraven. I would add the following:

5. Is JCP the new Amazon?

6. Will Twitter's revenue pass IBM's in 2017?

7. Where are you celebrating New Year's Eve in 2020?

8. Hottest taxi startup of the month.

9. How much gold do you own?

10. How many ladies are there on this board?

Guys, let's stick to investing related topics please. Some that I've been thinking of:

13. What is your YTD return?

14. What is your net worth?

15. Do you read only the minimum 500 pages/day or do you frequently go over?

16. Have you ever found that 500 hours isn't enough for researching a stock?

Guys, let's stick to investing related topics please. Some that I've been thinking of:

13. What is your YTD return?

14. What is your net worth?

15. Do you read only the minimum 500 pages/day or do you frequently go over?

16. Have you ever found that 500 hours isn't enough for researching a stock?

13 and 14 at least have a different answers.  All the others are either "no" or "none".

How about

17.  What's your favorite WEB quote?

18.  How many Berkshire products do you use regularly?

19.  When will BRK-A hit $X/share?

And of course?

20.  Who will be the next WEB?

I'm picking up a lot of interesting signals here Kraven, thank you. I believe I have solved the market code through [move]behavioral and technical analysis and a combination of astrology and ufology.[/move] Allow me to demonstrate only a small part of my abilities by analysing your post and other signals I have recently picked up.  ;) ;) ;)

Since the board is a little slow of late I thought I would try to come up with some topics for discussion. Believe me, there's no pride of authorship here so feel free to adapt as you see fit.

1.  Is Eddie still dreamy?

2.  Are Buffett and Munger old?

3. Meditation:  for the hip or the hippie?

4.  Can FFH continue to do 15% a year in perpetuity?

That's right: "Eddie and Munger the hippie can continue to do 15% a year in perpetuity."

Of what is Lampert a chairman? Sears. 5 letters. Of what was Munger a chairman? Wesco. 5 letters. Boom!

Not convinced? LOL. Ok...  8)

What day are we today? That's right, it's Wednesday. Ring any bells? W(ednes)day? W(ed)day? WDAY? Mind "ed" in the word Wednesday, a very clear wink to Eddie Lampert. Did you also notice that the 5th letter in Wednesday is "e", just like in Munger?! What is Wday's stock price this fine Wednesday? $90. How old is Munger? ... Do I have to continue?

This all shows they will announce my long awaited merger between Sears and Wday sometime today, or possibly another Wednesday in the near future. It all adds up.

At this time I cannot show you my research on ufology and astrology that shows more clear signs of the prospective merger because it would reveal too many of my trading secrets. I'm sure a fine man like yourself can understand that.  ;) :D ;D ;D

As Munger himself would say: "Invert, always Invert.". I know he would be proud of us, true value investors, if he were to ever read our analysis. Keep it up guys!

Disclosure: 146% long with short term options on $WDAY.  8) 8) 8) YOLO.

Heh, funny -- I was about to start a topic "Is anyone else bored right now?"

There hasn't been a lot to do for a while...

Don't come here with your negative energy please. "There is always something to do" as Peter Cundill, a fellow value investor, would say. Please read the above post. YOU TOO can learn to read the market signs.

Don't come here with your negative energy please. "There is always something to do" as Peter Cundill, a fellow value investor, would say. Please read the above post. YOU TOO can learn to read the market signs.

lol, that's what I'm afraid of... :)

lol, that's what I'm afraid of... :)

But can you read the merkhet signs?

I've been meaning to start some new topics. Look out for these sometime this weekend.

1. Should I invest in Berkshire or GoPro? What are the pros and cons of each?

2. Where is the Dow likely headed next week/next month? (I was thinking an ongoing weekly poll with full participation required to maintain membership)

3. What are the odds of another recession in the future? 20%, 10%, or 1%, choose one.

4. What is a reasonable yet moderate bitcoin allocation as percentage of portfolio? 15% or 30%, again please chose just one.

5. I've just noticed a sudden exponential uptrend in fireworks purchases. This seems to be a growing market. Which public fireworks company ETF should I invest in?

even though there are a few of these already i thought i'd start the following:

- people are starting topics i don't think are worthwile so i'll subtly hint they're using the internet wrong, after reading the threads through of course.

5. I've just noticed a sudden exponential uptrend in fireworks purchases. This seems to be a growing market. Which public fireworks company ETF should I invest in?

When I'm really stuck for ideas, I go to my mentor for all things intelligent, Homer J. Simpson.

“This year I invested in pumpkins. They’ve been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they’re going to peak right around January. Then bang! That’s when I’ll cash in.”