Disney Buys Marvel For $4 Billion!

Parsad

Congratulations to my friend John Zemanovich, whose children's future university education is probably more than fully-funded today!  I remember John buying Marvel for about $4/share back in 2001 and adding to his holdings over the last few years.  He bought that and Fairfax for his children's trusts...pretty damn good!  I know some board members on the old MSN Board also bought plenty of MVL over the years.  Cheers!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Disney-to-buy-comic-book-apf-730717139.html?x=0&.v=16

A big thank you to John Z who led this horse (me) to Fairfax as well as MVL.

Myself, friends, family and others have made hundreds of thousands of dollars from these two ideas.

John opened my eyes to these two investments which I have gotten to know well over the years.  They would never have been on my radar had it not been for his mentioning them.

I am sad that MVL has finally done what many people have often said it might do... get bought by Disney. I feel like one of my children has grown up and moved away. :'(

This brings me to say one thing however, invest in what you know, are intimate with and don't leave the company if you think it still makes sense. MVL traded in a range for years and it was only a conviction that this was a damn good company that could be bought out at any time that kept me with a large permanent position that I'm very glad to have had.

At any rate, John, thank you wherever you are.

P.S. Disney is getting one hell of an asset with MVL, the synergies are going to be absolutly crazy. They bought a diamond for the price of a gem.

• 3 years later...

Myself, friends, family and others have made hundreds of thousands of dollars from these two ideas.

John opened my eyes to these two investments which I have gotten to know well over the years.  They would never have been on my radar had it not been for his mentioning them.

I am sad that MVL has finally done what many people have often said it might do... get bought by Disney. I feel like one of my children has grown up and moved away. :'(

This brings me to say one thing however, invest in what you know, are intimate with and don't leave the company if you think it still makes sense. MVL traded in a range for years and it was only a conviction that this was a damn good company that could be bought out at any time that kept me with a large permanent position that I'm very glad to have had.

P.S. Disney is getting one hell of an asset with MVL, the synergies are going to be absolutly crazy. They bought a diamond for the price of a gem.

You're welcome. :)

You're welcome. :)

Blast from the past!  lotsofcoke and other action heros never die.  :)

Lotsofcoke's recommendation on MVL years ago on this board was just fantastic. It has to be one of the best opportunities ever - extremely high return with limited downside. Just a great recommendation.

Wish I had been around for that.

Lotsofcoke, any other recommendations for us?  :D