C'mon Guys You Can Do Better!

Parsad

Once again, I need your help boardmembers.  As you know, we do our annual dinner for "Crohn's & Colitis Canada", where have raised over $70,000 in the last 4 years. 

On June 8th, I'm doing the national "Gutsy Walk" again in Surrey, BC, and am looking to beat what I raised last year.  Thank you for your support my friends!  Cheers!

http://crohnsandcolitiscanada.akaraisin.com/pledge/Participant/Home.aspx?seid=8155&mid=9&pid=1686115

Thanks very much to the people who have pledged already!  Now for you other cheapskates...c'mon, you can do better!

Frickin' board full of millionaires and I can't get a $20 pledge from you guys.  What happened...you were wonderful last year?!

Let's go:

http://crohnsandcolitiscanada.akaraisin.com/pledge/Participant/Home.aspx?seid=8155&mid=9&pid=1686115

Hey, and you guys at Fairfax head office.  I know you read this board.  C'mon Paul, get a pool together with the Hamblin-Watsa guys?  Peter, get some of these guys to pledge.  All my other friends...Tim, Francis, Mohnish, Jeff, let's go...even 20 bucks!

Cheers!

I tried but it seems like it would not let me use a USA address

Hi Oracle,

It seems that there is a bug if you are using Explorer.  Open the link with Chrome or Firefox, and then select United States...it will then bring up the respective states.  Cheers!

I tried but it seems like it would not let me use a USA address

Hi Oracle,

It seems that there is a bug if you are using Explorer.  Open the link with Chrome or Firefox, and then select United States...it will then bring up the respective states.  Cheers!

Ok, thanks...got it.

jason

Thought I would move this to the Fairfax thread...that way they can't miss it.  C'mon Paul, canvass the office...I know everyone wants to help...make a pledge...otherwise I'm coming after you guys!  ;D  Brian, Chandran, Sam, Prem!  And Vinodh, don't think I'll forget about you.  Pat, smack these guys upside the head!  Cheers!

Thanks Matt!  Much appreciated.

C'mon guys at Fairfax!  Dig deep.  Look, Mark Ram, formerly of Northbridge and a director for the CCC, is kicking my ass at over $19,000.  How did he do that?  You think he really went door to door...baloney!  It's a fix...like the hedgies.  I think he went to Steve Cohen and got a donation. 

You guys know Mark is a gloater!  He's going to be rubbing my face in it until next year's Fairfax Shareholder's Dinner.  He's got a bit of hair on the sides, and I have none, and he makes fun of me all of the time!  C'mon Vinodh...Prem...don't let him get away with this!

Mohnish!  C'mon you're bald too or nearly there.  You know how it feels.  Whatever...$20, 40, 100...whatever you want to give.  Tim, you're pretty much bald too...c'mon...$100 or something! 

Why is it that so many value investors are bald?   

Cheers!

Millionaires? I would give but I am 24 and now unemployed.

Hey, you're a millionaire in training!  I wish when I was 24, I knew what you know now at 24.  So don't feel as though you are handicapped in anyway.

You've got about 5 years head start on me regarding understanding Ben Graham and value investing, and I didn't start my own funds until another 7 years after that.  So in those 12 years, you will probably be a millionaire before I even really started!  ;D

Cheers! 

C'mon guys at Fairfax!  Dig deep.  Look, Mark Ram, formerly of Northbridge and a director for the CCC, is kicking my ass at over $19,000.  How did he do that?  You think he really went door to door...baloney!  It's a fix...like the hedgies.  I think he went to Steve Cohen and got a donation. 

You guys know Mark is a gloater!  He's going to be rubbing my face in it until next year's Fairfax Shareholder's Dinner.  He's got a bit of hair on the sides, and I have none, and he makes fun of me all of the time!  C'mon Vinodh...Prem...don't let him get away with this!

Mohnish!  C'mon you're bald too or nearly there.  You know how it feels.  Whatever...$20, 40, 100...whatever you want to give.  Tim, you're pretty much bald too...c'mon...$100 or something! 

Cheers!

Sanj, I think it's a strategy on their part -don't forget: they're value investors-

They'll wait until the last minute to give a chance to (many) smaller donators to make a modest contribution and maximize the gains pledges instead of discouraging them if they topped up the bucket right away.

Cheers!

Sanj, I think it's a strategy on their part -don't forget: they're value investors-

They'll wait until the last minute to give a chance to (many) smaller donators to make a modest contribution and maximize the gains pledges instead of discouraging them if they topped up the bucket right away.

That makes a lot of sense Alek!  They do like to maximize resources before showing their card.  Cheers!