If You Find You Are Unintentionally Banned From This Forum...

Parsad

A handful of people have had one-off or recurring unintentional bans from this forum over the last couple of months. 

If for some reason, you find this happened or happens to you from time to time on your laptop, desktop, tablet or phone, please clear out the cache.  Sometimes stored pages or info won't update as they continue to go to the same stored page.

If it still happens after clearing out the cache and history, send me your IP address for your phone, tablet or computer?  Someone I banned was using hundreds of IP addresses…some of which belonged to other boardmembers.  Not sure how that occurs.

Let me know if that works.  Thanks!

Sanjeev

1)  On my laptop I found that I'm banned if I use Google Chrome, but not when it's in "incognito" mode.  It doesn't ban my Firefox browser on the same computer.  So it's not strictly an IP based ban.  I've done the clear cache thing with Chrome, which I think worked for a bit but then it came back again.  So I just go to incognito if I have to

2)  On my iPhone I am banned.  I deleted the web data on the phone but it doesn't help.  I find that I can still read the site if I go to "private browsing".  Oh well, at least that works.

3)  In my Tesla I am banned and I don't know how to work around that.  I can't find anyway to clear the cache from the Tesla browser, and it doesn't have a "private browsing" or "incognito" mode.

I'm not sure how to get the IP address for the Tesla.  Everything else is working well enough using private or incognito.

1)  On my laptop I found that I'm banned if I use Google Chrome, but not when it's in "incognito" mode.  It doesn't ban my Firefox browser on the same computer.  So it's not strictly an IP based ban.  I've done the clear cache thing with Chrome, which I think worked for a bit but then it came back again.  So I just go to incognito if I have to

2)  On my iPhone I am banned.  I deleted the web data on the phone but it doesn't help.  I find that I can still read the site if I go to "private browsing".  Oh well, at least that works.

3)  In my Tesla I am banned and I don't know how to work around that.  I can't find anyway to clear the cache from the Tesla browser, and it doesn't have a "private browsing" or "incognito" mode.

I'm not sure how to get the IP address for the Tesla.  Everything else is working well enough using private or incognito.

Thanks for the information Eric!  That'll give Paul a little more to work with when I get him to investigate a bit.

By the way, what the heck are you doing surfing the site while driving your Tesla?  ;D  I know it's an interesting site, but c'mon!  Cheers!

On my iPhone it works fine from WiFi, but I get banned on the ATT (mycingular.net) network. If I do get banned, I have to clear website data to get it to work again on Wifi.

If I share my phone's ATT connection with my laptop, then the laptop will be banned.

So in my case, it is based on IP address detection.

This has happened consistently for about 3 months.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently purchased a blackberry z30f or use on att here in the states ...looks like I am banned from this site using its browser...

IP address is 76.104.157.72

I can reach your site using ipad, MacBook Pro , iphone etc...

Try it now.  I removed the IP triggers from the one particular banned member that was causing this havoc since I banned him.  Hopefully, that should resolve most of the unintentional triggers.  Cheers!