NetJets CEO

brker_guy

So his view is that wealth inequality isn't an issue because the lower class get jobs working on the private jets of the wealthy?  Reminds me of the old joke about the Ferrari driver who said buying a Ferrari was good for the lower class because someone has to wash Ferraris. 

So his view is that wealth inequality isn't an issue because the lower class get jobs working on the private jets of the wealthy?  Reminds me of the old joke about the Ferrari driver who said buying a Ferrari was good for the lower class because someone has to wash Ferraris.

Why is that a joke? The existence of the Ferrari offers the person washing it an opportunity that they didn't have before.

Envy is one of the worst qualities in human nature.  It doesn't matter one bit to most people that a rising tide lifts all ships, if someone else still has more.  Many people really would rather be close to starvation-poor, just as long as everyone else was as well.

Why is that a joke? The existence of the Ferrari offers the person washing it an opportunity that they didn't have before.

Well, it's fine but if this master/servant model is what drives society than it creates a huge wealth disparity. IMHO a strong middle class with more 40k cars and a few car washes is preferable.

Well, it's fine but if this master/servant model is what drives society than it creates a huge wealth disparity. IMHO a strong middle class with more 40k cars and a few car washes is preferable.

Master/servant model  ??? I was merely stating the fact that the purchase of the Ferrari has created an opportunity for the poor person that didn't exist before. That's Mr. Hansell's point as far as I can tell.