Mohnish Pabrai (Dalal Street) 13F HR

nikhil25

It looks like he has a lot more cash or bought a foreign holding (I think he's also holding Fiat).

The total holdings value at the end of 2013 was about $544 million vs $462 million now.

He plays a video of his big holdings during his annual meetings.

Chrysler/ FIAT were featured prominently last year .- I suspect they are not showing up on his 13F because they are foreign holdings.

He mentioned there was a new small cap he was buying in his April letter- suspect that will show up next 13 F .

I was tracking the Dakshana Foundation holdings for a while, but I cannot find their Foundation Financials beyond 2011.  The way I had read on their website, was that they had to file once per year.  The filings I saw showed previous positions.  Not sure how much that was woith though bc it seemed like they came into the foundation and then were quickly sold (I'm guessing cash for operations). I am no pro at reading foundation returns, so I could be way off.  Anyone else run across this?

He plays a video of his big holdings during his annual meetings.

Chrysler/ FIAT were featured prominently last year .- I suspect they are not showing up on his 13F because they are foreign holdings.

He mentioned there was a new small cap he was buying in his April letter- suspect that will show up next 13 F .

Can anyone post his recent letters?

thanks

I recently watched a video where Pabrai talked about building a business and he briefly mentioned that he was in the process of buying an insurance company with other investors. My first thought was that this could be his source of permanent capital similar to Greenlight Re, Third Point Re, and ofc Berkshire but I couldnt find anything on google and he didnt really say a lot about it.

Does anybody know more about that?

I recently watched a video where Pabrai talked about building a business and he briefly mentioned that he was in the process of buying an insurance company with other investors. My first thought was that this could be his source of permanent capital similar to Greenlight Re, Third Point Re, and ofc Berkshire but I couldnt find anything on google and he didnt really say a lot about it.

Here you go:

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/general-discussion/dhandho-holdings!/

Here you go:

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/general-discussion/dhandho-holdings!/

Thank you!

Here you go:

Thank you!

This could be the reason why he reduced his portfolio holdings.

• 2 months later...

Check FAITY thread, and annual meeting notes along votes for merger. Pabrai has close to 13 mil Fiat shares.

It looks like he has a lot more cash or bought a foreign holding (I think he's also holding Fiat).

Is there any way to confirm his Fiat stake?

• 2 months later...

Looks like he is raising cash, or are there some new bigger foreign holdings?

No ideas, I haven't heard anything mentioned. But next Q it will be interesting to see what % of the portfolio is Fiat.

Do you mean in his letter to shareholders or something else?

No ideas, I haven't heard anything mentioned. But next Q it will be interesting to see what % of the portfolio is Fiat.

He's gotta disclose it next quarter because it's now a U.S. lusted security

He's gotta disclose it next quarter because it's now a U.S. lusted security

ahhhh duh. Momentarily forgot about that one. Thanks.