Surely Your Joking Mr Feynman! - Richard Feynman

yadayada

[amazonsearch]Surely Your Joking Mr Feynman![/amazonsearch]

Richard Feynman is considered one of the greater geniuses of the 20th century. I think he is the father of quantum mechanics, and he also worked on the atomic bomb. And he was a very interesting personality, not your typical scientist. This book is about stories and observations he made through out his life. Couldnt put it down myself, and there are some interesting bits of information in it. Guy was also a true contrarian, and didnt give a shit what anybody thought.

Not really about investing, and not really about physics either, but just an interesting read I think.

I love Feynman. Actually gave "Feynman" as a middle name to my newborn son.

Niels Bohr could probably more accurately be called the father of QM, but whatever, I encourage people to read everything they can find by Feynman.

'Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman' is lots of fun, as is 'What Do You Care What Other People Think' and 'Perfectly Reasonable Deviations From the Beaten Track: The Letters of Richard P. Feynman'. All those are accessible to everybody.

For something more sciency, 'The Feynman Lectures on Physics' are classic, as is 'QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter'.

• 1 month later...

I read Feynman when I was really young and he had a profound impact on my life. One of the most profound things I took away from him, Buffett and Graham was their attitude towards learning, their attitude towards life and how humble they were despite being giants in their respective fields.

• 3 years later...
Guest longinvestor

Just finished reading it. Glad I did. Just like Buffett / Munger are in investing, Feynman is the Scientist anyone studying any Science must read. And while you’re doing that, you actually learn about life from their stories. For me what’s common across all these legends is independent thinking and rationality. Screw the rules and norms.

Just finished reading it. Glad I did. Just like Buffett / Munger are in investing, Feynman is the Scientist anyone studying any Science must read. And while you’re doing that, you actually learn about life from their stories. For me what’s common across all these legends is independent thinking and rationality. Screw the rules and norms.

You'll equally enjoy, What Do You Care what other people think.

https://www.amazon.com/What-Care-Other-People-Think-ebook/dp/B004OA6KIS/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523204039&sr=1-1&keywords=what+do+you+care+what+other+people+think