Value Investing Podcast by Manual of Ideas

fwallstreet

Perhaps many of the board members are already familiar with this incredible FREE resource, but just wanted to post for those that are not aware of it. This podcast is simply amazing (no I'm not a sales rep for Manual of Ideas nor do I have a subscription, unfortunately). John and his brother interview some value investing greats and some more obscure but upcoming value investors on the show. On the well-known investors front, some examples are Howard Marks, Chuck Akre, Guy Spier, Tom Russo, Vitalily Katsenelson, etc etc. The discussions are excellent and range from guests' background to investment ideas to drilling down into these guests' thought/research process.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/value-investing-podcast-thought/id642016120?mt=2

I have been crushing these over the past few months and have been absorbing an incredible amount of knowledge. The podcast is available for free on iTunes, but these are just excerpts (usually 30 mins to 1 hr) of the full interviews, which are available with a subscription. Regardless, the abbreviated conversations are still excellent. I think a few months ago John changed from posting these weekly to monthly, and now the podcast contains the full conversations.

Enjoy!

When I travel for work I load up the iPhone with these.  Every interview has some great insights.  I just listened to the Geoff Gannon interview today actually.  :)

I listened to many of these and they were all excellent. Great resource. Make sure to find the extended episode about Henry Singleton.

But I didn't know Geoff had done one, I'll listen for sure, thank you for mentioning it!

When I travel for work I load up the iPhone with these.  Every interview has some great insights.  I just listened to the Geoff Gannon interview today actually.  :)

I listened to many of these and they were all excellent. Great resource. Make sure to find the extended episode about Henry Singleton.

But I didn't know Geoff Had done one, I'll listen for sure, thank you for mentioning it!

It's the most recent one, from March I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

New podcast just released and a familiar name James East.  :)

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/value-investing-podcast-thought/id642016120?mt=2

I'm going to listen on my way to work today, not sure how similar it will be to the link biaggio posted here. Either way, I'm sure it's worth listening to.

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/general-discussion/how-simplifying-your-investment-process-can-make-you-a-better-investor/msg117928/#msg117928

Ya, I use pocketcasts to download my podcasts.  It's about $5, but the app works really well, simple to use and has a great UI.

thanks, valueguy. I just recently got a smart phone. I found a place for $10 a month (too expensive for my budget otherwise). ;)