Viewing Long Threads

Zorrofan

Forgive an old fool for being non-technical but here goes my question....

Some of the threads are getting quite long - the Altius thread for example is 225 pages on my little computer - and it is a bit cumbersome going back and forth on the various pages.  Is there an easy way to down load the entire thread into word, a PDF file or some other format so that it can be read more easily offline?

thanks

Zorro

You can show 50 posts per page.

Underneath the advertising banner at the top of this page, there is a line of text.

Click on profile

Mouse over "modify profile" (a few rows down)

Click on "look and layout" in the drop-down menu

Search for "Messages to display per page"

Change that to 50

Click change profile

Another option is to click the "print" button.  You will see it in a thread...just below the last post of the page.  This puts the entire thread into one page.

Are you kidding me?! I put the entire Fiat thread in a word document to read it over the weekend a few months ago. Thanks! I feel a little stupid for never looking for a print all button earlier...

Another option is to click the "print" button.  You will see it in a thread...just below the last post of the page.  This puts the entire thread into one page.

Are you kidding me?! I put the entire Fiat thread in a word document to read it over the weekend a few months ago. Thanks! I feel a little stupid for never looking for a print all button earlier...

+1

Didn't know about the Print button...

good to know now!

Additionally.  Try a program such as "PDF Complete".  Once you have a thread in a single page format you can "print to pdf".  You just print as you normally would but you select pdf complete as your printer...click print...and you have the entire document in pdf format.  I'm sure there are alternatives to "PDF complete"....but thats what I use.  Hope that helps.

:D

Additionally.  Try a program such as "PDF Complete".  Once you have a thread in a single page format you can "print to pdf".  You just print as you normally would but you select pdf complete as your printer...click print...and you have the entire document in pdf format.  I'm sure there are alternatives to "PDF complete"....but thats what I use.  Hope that helps.

Along those same lines, if you put the Kindle app on your mobile device you can print directly from your computer and it will show up there as a document.