manualofideas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let me suggest an appropriate title for the review: "Intern reviews boss's book and likes it"

When asked about it the intern said "I absolutely loved the book. It's probably the best book on investing since The Intelligent Investor!  And I really love working here. Everyone is so nice. Guy is really the best and very helpful. He even proofed my review and made some edits before it went out!"

I may be biased because Guy is a friend, but I found the book an enjoyable and worthwhile read. It is not necessarily a how-to on investing, although it does include some excellent advice on constructing a value-oriented investment process and other pieces of practical wisdom. To me, the book really served as confirmation that it is never too late to adopt the right principles, and that success is not accidental. Each of us can vastly increase our chances of success in business and life by associating with people we respect and by studying those who have succeeded in the past.

Last fall Guy did what I thought was one of the most insightful interviews I've ever read.

At least, it had an impact on me - as it was just as much about how to live your life as it was about investing.

If you're interested, the interview was with Columbia Business School:

http://www4.gsb.columbia.edu/filemgr?&file_id=7314104

I don't know Guy at all - but he has a very impressive track record (read his annual report if you need proof).

Just as importantly, he's a willing and able teacher - much like Monish.

So I'm looking forward to reading his book.

Last fall Guy did what I thought was one of the most insightful interviews I've ever read.

At least, it had an impact on me - as it was just as much about how to live your life as it was about investing.

If you're interested, the interview was with Columbia Business School:

http://www4.gsb.columbia.edu/filemgr?&file_id=7314104

I don't know Guy at all - but he has a very impressive track record (read his annual report if you need proof).

Just as importantly, he's a willing and able teacher - much like Monish.

So I'm looking forward to reading his book.

Very good interview, thanks cubsfan!